Our Principles and values
We aim to provide an excellent education for all our children.
Children will learn to be confident, to develop self-discipline and strong values demonstrating mutual understanding and respect for others.
Our school is a secure, happy , inclusive and welcoming environment for children, staff, parents and visitors.
It is essential to maintain good channels of communication between the school, parents and the community around us.
We will try to the best of our ability, to provide a sound, broad education for your child while he/she is here. We aim to do this by stimulating his/her interest, developing his/her potential and offering as wide a variety of experiences as are appropriate and available.
We aim to help ALL pupils to:
- Develop independent, enquiring minds and the ability to question, discuss and argue rationally, to make informed decisions and to apply themselves effectively to tasks;
- Acquire a high level of understanding, knowledge and range of skills relevant to life and work in a rapidly changing world;
- Achieve high standards in the effective use of language;
- To develop moral integrity and respect for religious beliefs;
- Understand and appreciate the multi-cultural society in which we live, and develop respect for other races and ways of life;
- Understand the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- Appreciate human aspirations and achievements;
- To acquire the skills and enthusiasm to enable them to continue with their education as a life-long process;
- Value education for its own sake.
EVERY CHILD TO REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
- To be literate – speaking, reading and writing to a good standard.
- To be numerate.
- To have self-confidence.